Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Sarah's Perspective

Readers, I wanted to switch things up again and write a post from Sarah's perspective. Although she's a good friend to Lynn, she's a quiet character that isn't too involved in the story. So, I thought this would be a great way to get to know her a little better.

This post starts off just after Lynn has dismissed Woody and Sarah from helping with the laptop incident at Kadie's wedding. Enjoy and please let me know what you think! :)

----------------------------------------------------------

I'd been clenching my jaw so tightly it felt like someone had swung their purse at my face. I couldn't help it. I was seething. I mean, the nerve of that guy...no, boy! The nerve of that skinny, disgusting, boy! I could feel a steaming breath escaping my nostrils. That was it, I needed to remove myself from this situation or else I was going to lose it.

I grabbed my mobile off the dinner table and threw it into my clutch. “Henry, I'm leaving!” I snapped my fingers to get his attention. And just like that I slithered out of the room.

“Sarah! Sar!” his voice bounced as he chased after me. I didn't bother to turn around. I just needed to be outside to bring my body temperature down. “Can you just slow down for a damn second?” Henry's bony fingers poked my skin as they wrapped around my arm.

I only stopped to loosen the painful grip.“Dammit Harry! How many times do I have to tell you that your fingers are like knives!” 

“Sorry” He let go of my arm and his hand print slowly faded from my pale skin. I ran my hand over it hoping to circulate the blood faster. “Ignore that fucking wanker, he's completely arseholed.”'

Henry already knew why I was fuming. He always knew.

“I just...I can't Henry, I really can't!” I grabbed my temples as I thought about how ridiculous he was. “I mean, he's just so, stupid! I swear if I hear him call me a brat, or spoiled, or tell me to lower my nose one more time I'm going to...”

“I know, dear.” He rubbed my shoulder sympathetically.

Our attention was diverted to the creaking sound of the doors behind us. I groaned loudly at the sight of that annoying little prick walking alongside Jaime. The two of them laughing at something ridiculously insignificant, I'm sure.

“Hey you two, the speeches are about to start. They want everyone to come inside.” Jaime said. He was scrolling through his phone with one hand and holding a drink with another. That's exactly what I needed. A drink.

Henry gave Jaime a smug smile, “Mmhmm, yeah we'll be there in a second.” He rolled his eyes as Jaime turned around and walked back towards the doors. He said something to Woody that caused his laughter to rumble through the lobby. Startled, I turned around to see Jaime shaking his hand at Woody to stop from provoking him even more than he obviously already had. Henry snarled at the sight. “You think he knows Jaime's a Nancy boy?”

I laughed. Henry's attitude was always the only thing that could lighten my mood. “Does anybody?”

His face grimaced in disgust as he sighed. He turned to me and whispered “You good to go back in?”

“Yeah” I nodded. “I'm all right.” I'd spotted a table with punch. It was clearly left out since the social hour which was over an hour ago, but no one had decided to put it away yet. So, I went against my beliefs of drinking stale drinks and decided to pour out a glass. “I'll meet you inside. I just need a moment.”

“Sure” Henry mumbled before heading back inside.

As I was reaching for a glass tumbler I was intercepted by another hand. I looked over my shoulder thinking Henry had changed his mind and wanted a drink as well. But, to my dismay, it was Woody's unusually long arms that had reached over me. I groaned and stepped out of the way. “Move” he barked.

“You can't tell me to move after I've already voluntarily moved, you nitwit!”

He lowered his head so it was just about at my level. As if I were a kid and he was about to scorn me. “Speak En-gl-ish!”

I felt it again. The invisible steam pouring out through my nostrils. I turned around and grabbed my hands into a prayer, “oh dear Jesus, please give me the strength...”

“D'ya understan wha' I'm sayin'?” He croaked in his horrible accent.

“Also, thank you God for giving me a British accent and not whatever verbal disease Woody seems to have.” I turned back around.”Enunciate your bloody words!” I shouted just loud enough to shut him up. “You arrogant American arsehole!”

“It's asshole...ASShole” He smirked matter of factly. I rolled my eyes and did exactly what I was trying to do before. I walked away to remove myself from the situation. That's when Woody grabbed my wrist. He grabbed it tight, but it didn't hurt the same way Henry's grip always hurt. It was like a handcuff. Strong enough to resist, but loose enough to squirm. “Where do you think you're going?”

“Away from you!” I spoke low and firm through my teeth. “...now let go of me!”

“Oh yeah?” He took a step closer until we were toe to toe. I held my breath as there wasn't even enough space for us to share air. That's when I smelt something. It was hard to pin point. But, if I had to guess it smelt like the scent of a man who'd been chopping wood all day. It was pleasant, unfamiliar, yet confusing. I pulled my hand once more hoping to set it free. “Are you gonna go cry now?” Woody laughed.

“Yes, I'm going to go cry now.” I sarcastically mocked him. “Bugger off!” I pushed his chest away with my free hand. He managed to grab it after he stumbled back. He swooped in so quickly I didn't have time to process what just happened. My eyes were wide opened, in shock, as our mouths were adhered to each other.

What was going on?? I wanted to push him off and yet keep going at the same time. The way he softly sucked my lip felt divine, but knowing it was Woody on the other side was making me nauseous.

We finally pulled away from each other. His forehead rested on mine as our heavy breaths synchronized. Woody finally let go of my hand. I began walking backwards trying to avoid a potentially fatal situation.

He took one last heavy breath and sighed. His hands slide into his pockets and he looked at me. His eyes were big and apologetic as they gleamed. I'd never noticed them before, but now they were all I could see. “I'm sorry...” His voice trailed.

“N-n-no” I stammered. “Don't...don't be sorry.” I awkwardly swayed my body unsure if I should walk away or not.

He looked so pathetic standing there I couldn't just leave him.

I tossed my clutch onto the table and swiftly walked back towards him. The uncertainty on his face grew into a grin. We embraced each other and began making out.

“Are you sure about this?” He asked.

“Just don't ask any questions or I may regret this.” I looked around the room. Woody nudged his head, pulling my hand with him and I followed after. We were in a dark closet. It was the only privacy we could find.

His hands were at my waist as he positioned me up against the wall. My hatred had suddenly turned into a burning desire. I don't know how or when it happened, but I was now longing for his once disgusting touch.

My body shivered as his hands trailed up my body. I couldn't see much, which may have been why I was enjoying this more than I was, but I felt his breath at the base of my neck. It had been so long since I'd let a man make me feel this way. I turned my head towards the direction of his breath and kissed him.

His tongued traced my lips and I fought back with mine. We were breathing heavily once again. I tried to stay quiet, but I couldn't help it. His hands found their way up my dress. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him in close.

We wrestled around until eventually I was on top of him on some sort of table. He was pulling off my dress when his elbow hit a laptop that jolted to life. The bright screen blinded us. Woody pushed it away and continued to bare me.

“Fuck” he whispered as I kissed his stomach. I kissed him slowly up his chest. He grabbed me by my hair and laid me onto my back.

And that's when Mark came running in.

I yelped as I reached for my dress to cover myself.

“Hey, man, what are you doing!” Woody yelled as Mark came closer to us. “Can't you see I'm busy here?”

Mark didn't say a word. He slammed the laptop shut and we were left in the dark once again. “Shit” Mark exhaled. “You fucking idiot” he yelled at Woody. “Didn't you see the laptop on?”

“Does it look like I care if a damn laptop was on?” Woody argued back.

We weren't going to solve anything with the two of them arguing. I calmly interjected, “What's going on Marcus?”

He rubbed his temple before he responded. “The signal for the wireless connection finally went through and the webcam feed started playing during Lynn's speech.”

“What the fuck!” I yelled. “Are you fucking kidding me?!” I zipped up my dress and stumbled out of the closet.

“Where are you going?” Woody came running out after me. He looked like he'd gotten into a really bad fight. His hair was messy, his shirt was wrinkled and half untucked, and his belt was undone.

“What do you mean where am I going?” I was in a brisk walk towards the elevator when I looked at him. “The whole fucking wedding party witnessed us getting it on in a fucking closet, Woody. I'm getting the fuck out of here!”

He'd obviously been debating in his head by the expression on his face. “I can't just leave. Kadie will kill me.” The elevator door opened and he stood blocking my way.

“Fine” I sighed and rolled my eyes. “Give me your phone.” He handed it to me and I typed out my address. “Meet me here after the wedding. And tell Henry I left. Actually don't. He's probably going to want to kill you after seeing what just happened.”

“What?” Woody's face struck with fear. I smiled as the elevator doors shut between us.

-_-_-_-_________-_-_-_-________-_-_-_-_________-_-_-_-

A few hours had gone by and I still hadn't heard from Woody. I went from fantasizing about his arrival to questioning why he stood me up. I even lit candles and put on sexy lingerie hoping to excite him once he derobed me.

“This is what I get for going against my better judgment” I whispered to myself and blew out the candles one by one.

“Wow, someone went all out.” I heard Woody's voice from across the room.

“When did you get here?” I asked, startled.

“Jeeves let me in.” His eyes wandered around my room. “This here is a fancy place you got.”

“His name is Rupert, not Jeeves.” I corrected his mistake. “I thought you weren't coming. It's midnight.”

“The wedding ran a little long.” He slide off his jacket and tossed it onto my bed. “So, should we continue from where we left off?”

I rolled my eyes. “I thought you weren't coming.”

“Does it matter?” He looked confused. “I'm here now.”

“If you'd came early we could have continued, but now that I've had some time to think...” I crossed my arms.

Woody sat down on the edge of my bed. “Oh sweet Jesus, the blonde little brat's been doing some thinking.” He sighed. “So, let's hear it.”

“One, I'm not a brat. And two, I thought you hated me...What are we doing?”

Woody's eyes were big again. The room was dimly light with flickers of candlelight, but his eyes still shined. “I...” He rubbed the back of his head trying to puzzle together his words. “I didn't think a girl as pretty and smart and...” he glanced around my room again, “wealthy as you would be into some country bumpkin like me.”

“If you hadn't been so rude, I would've been attracted to you.” Woody looked up from the floor. “I was actually quiet fond of you when we first met. But, you made it impossible to keep my feelings.”

“Really? You liked me?” A small curved formed at the edge of his mouth.

I laughed. “You want to know the best part of it? It was your dumb accent that mesmerized me.”

Woody joined in on my laughter. “Your sweet voice and your accent is what drove me crazy about you.”

“You're leaving tomorrow.” He was holding my hand now as I stood in front of him. “Imagine all the time we could have spent together if we weren't both so stubborn.”

He  placed my hands onto his shoulders. Woody kissed me on the cheek. “We still have tonight.”

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for this amazing surprise!! I absolutely loved reading from Sarah's point of View!
    Also loved the interaction between her and woody! Can't wait to read more about them in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post!! I just so happen to say that about every post... but because Sarah and Woody fought, it made the post and their growing relationship better in a way. I agree with Jessica; I can't wait to read more about them in the future. They are opposites in certain ways, yet you can tell that they're are the type that will demonstrate their love by picking fun with one another. Once again...a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ending was literally so cute!! lol! You know the old saying: "Opposites attract..." :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. only stopped to loosen the painful grip.“Dammit Harry! How many times do I have to tell you that your fingers are like knives!”

    Think it should be Henry lol
    loved this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris - @nylonlover69 on IG/TwitterFebruary 20, 2015 at 11:04 AM

      Nope, pretty sure she has it right. Henry and Harry are often interchangeable names, especially between a brother and sister. If you read about John F Kennedy, he was often referred to as Jack.

      Delete
  5. This was great! More posts with Sarah and Woody!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this is super selfish and you can say n. Obviously lol. But since it'll be once a week can you switch to wednesdays? Barely anyone posts on Wednesdays. It would brighten it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely forgot about the change in schedule. And here I was thinking, "hmm, seems like the distance between last post and next post is longer...strange..." -.- lol

      Anyhow, keep up the great work Lynn!

      Soul xo

      Delete