Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Happy

“Do we have to go back?”

Henry, Sarah, and I laid on the fluffy rug that covered the hardwood floors in her room. This was our last weekend before school was officially back in session. We'd spent most of our Sunday gathering our things together and brushing over subjects to refresh our memory.

“Can you believe how fast the summer flew by?” Sarah huffed as she stared up at the ceiling.

“It feels like just yesterday I was in LA with Kadie and Jebrone.” I mumbled, tucking my hands behind my head as my eyes traced the intricate design of the Victorian crown molding.

“Hell” Henry grumbled as he sat up. “It feels like just yesterday we were going to London.”

“Oh, London” Sarah sighed as she shook her head and sat up, joining Henry.

“When are we going to meet this mystery man of yours?” I held out for as long as I could, but then decided to sit up with Sarah and Henry.

They both exchanged a quick look and a slight smile appeared on her face. “I don't know. Soon, maybe.”

“Oh, shut up Sarah!” Henry pushed Sarah causing her to topple to her side. “He's been texting her constantly about wanting to come see her. He's mad and she's a tease” Henry laughed and rolled his eyes.

“Henry!” Sarah slapped his arm and he retaliated by pushing her again, lightly this time. “I don't want him to come.” She shook her head.

“Why not?” I asked. “I thought you liked him?”

“I do, that's the problem.” She leaned her back against the couch that was behind her.

“Such a queen” Henry said while giving Sarah a look of disapproval. “You like the bloke, he likes you, I don't see where the problem lies.”

“It's just” She held her head for a second before she looked back up at me. “No offense Lynn-”

I cut Sarah off and quickly spoke, “Well that certainly means I'm going to find it offensive, but go ahead.”

“No offense, but I see everything you've been through and I don't want that to happen to me. I just want the good parts.”

I laughed to myself. I would've found it offensive if I didn't know Sarah, but since I did, I knew she was coming from a good place.

“I didn't know what I wanted. Sometimes you have to go through the bad to know what the good is.” I shrugged my shoulders. “But, if you already know what the bad is, then avoid it.”

“But, if you've been through the bad, and know what the bad is, then why aren't you avoiding it?” Sarah asked, leaning forward towards me. I looked at her confused. “What I mean is, if Jonah makes you happy, shouldn't you be making him happy? Shouldn't both people in a relationship be happy?”

“I don't know what you're talking about. I make Jonah happy.” I brought my knees in towards my chest and wrapped my arms around them.

“Well” Henry mumbled. “He didn't seem to happy the other night at dinner.”

I sat quietly and tried to remember what had happened that night.

It was a Thursday night and Jebrone, Henry, Sarah, Kadie, Adam, Jonah, and I had went out to dinner. I had to drag Jonah to come out. He was tired from constantly working late in preparation of his new show. He seemed to be enjoying his time, but was still a little off. There was a few times through out the night he'd leaned into my ear and whispered for us to leave. But, I kept insisting that he enjoy his time. That was probably what Henry had been referencing.

“He was just grouchy because he wanted to go home to sleep.” I shook my head.

“Maybe I read into it a little bit more since I was the only single, unoccupied, one at dinner, but it seemed like he was a little upset you weren't listening to him.” Sarah said. “Didn't you hesitate when he invited you back to his mum's place?”

“I mean, I haven't given him a response.” I sat quietly while I mentally put the puzzle pieces together that Sarah was subtly leaving behind for me. I quietly whispered to myself as the picture started coming together. “He listens to me without hesitation, but I don't do the same for him.”

Henry's eyes glanced between the two of us. “Damn, Sar, you're pretty good at this.”

“You are pretty good at this.” I furrowed my brows “How did I not realize this before?”

A wicked smile grew on Sarah's face, as if she knew she was great at relationship advice and only played dumb on purpose.

Waking up on Monday morning seemed a lot more painful than usual.

There were a few new faces. Maybe they weren't new, maybe I was just now noticing them even though I'd seen them constantly the year before, but refused to pay attention. Regardless, they were new to me now.

Luckily Sarah, Henry, and I still had a break in between classes. Enough time for us to go across the street to our favorite French bakery for brunch.

After what seemed like a never ending day was over I headed to Jonah's office. I slept on Sarah's advice and knew she was on to something. Although Jonah hadn't said anything, I wanted to nip it in the bud before it had a chance to grow into anything else.

I walked into the building and Kenny, the security guard, had recognized me by now. But, he still refused to let me onto the elevators until he'd gotten approval from the security at Jonah's studio. A muffled voice spoke through the walkie-talkie and Kenny smiled, stepping back, and pushing the elevator's button for me. “You have a good one Ms. Lee”

“It's Lynn” I spoke loudly as Kenny slowly disappeared behind the elevator doors.

The studio was a lot more crowded than usual. I figured the flow of people was heavier due to the air date of Jonah's show closely approaching. I shuffled my way through make-up artists, cameramen, and crew workers, until I was outside of Jonah's dressing room.

Just as I was about to knock the door opened. Out walked a camera crew followed by a gorgeous woman. She was in complete makeup and a tiny little dress, which she tugged at while she walked out of the room. Her skin was glowing with a tan and her hair in a short bob. She noticed me staring and smiled. “Hi!” She cheerfully roared as she quickly followed behind the camera crew in front of her.

Jonah walked out of the room. His hands mindlessly kept turning the cell phone he was holding. Both of our eyes were on the woman and her crew as they disappeared in the crowd.

“Um” I turned towards Jonah, who was already looking at me. “Was that Giuliana Ranic? The Giuliana Ranic from E! News??”

Jonah laughed at my reaction. “Yes, that was the Giuliana Ranic” He mocked my voice. “E! News wanted to do a piece on my new show, so she came by for an interview”

“Oh, my God!” I grabbed Jonah's face with both my hands. “You're famous!”

He took my hands from his face and intertwined our fingers. “So, am I finally gonna get some now that you know I'm famous, or what?”

I smirked as I walked into his dressing room. “Maybe.”

He shut the door behind us. “How was your first day? You must be exhausted.” He stood in front of the mirror, looking at himself, as he straightened the collar of his shirt.

“It was...busy. But, I came by to talk to you about something.” I stood behind Jonah, peering over his arm. We looked at each other through the mirror. “I wanted to tell you that I would love nothing more than to go with you to visit your mom.”

“Really?” His face lite up as he excitedly spoke. Jonah spun around to look at me face to face.“You aren't like...weirded out or anything?”

“Of course not” I furrowed my brows and shook my head. “I'm sorry I made it seem that way. That wasn't my intention at all. But, if it makes you happy, then it makes me happy.”

Jonah wrapped his arms around me and gave me a kiss.

10 comments:

  1. I love them together:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too!! I'm glad Sarah helped Lynn see how her hesitance was affecting Jonah. Also I love Giuliana!! Her cameo was amazing haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. jonah marry me!
    haha i know this is fictional. sue me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris - @nylonlover69 on TwitterSeptember 9, 2014 at 8:59 AM

    Nice to see you growing up, Lynn Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely like the blog, but something seems off lately. I don't know what it is, maybe the relationship is weird to me. Then again, maybe I'm just crazy.


    thecrazyobservatory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jonah is really nice, I'm glad Sarah told Lyn about her actions towards him. :)

    http://elinainlondon.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh.... Good job Lynn. It will be nice to read about a working, positive relationship for a while and I love reading about them together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, and I hope this continues :)

      Delete
    2. Me too i hate when they make characters a little too good to be true that your always hesitant if something is up. I like how you make jonah real and he's aloud to have feelings and I'm glad lynn caught on

      Delete
  8. I love this relationship - and I've heard a few other blog readers mention lately that there are so many blogs out there about single girls or girls who date one guy for awhile only to have something and date the next - I'd love to really see where this goes with Jonah and Lynn and the ups and downs of a committed relationship where you know the couple will stick together but things won't always be perfect - just in real life. At the same time, there will be an awful lot of happy moments as well, just as in real life. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete