Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

It's A Small City After All

There was no way I was letting Connor come over to my place. I was cringing just thinking of Kadie's wrath. Instead I texted Connor letting him know I was waiting for him at a coffee shop close by his apartment.

It was a small, quaint, hole-in-the-wall, type of place. The lighting was set low and the air was filled with the guitar strums of a freelance musician who set up a makeshift stage in the corner of the shop.

I ordered myself a latte and sat next to the window as I watched a storm of people buzz past. It was close to 6PM and the streets were crowded as everyone was trying to make their way home.

I pulled out my physiology book and decided to get a head start on the next day's reading while I waited.

The flick of the street lights turning on, just as the streets were growing darker, caught my attention. I looked up from my book and noticed it had been an hour since I had been waiting. It was almost as if Connor had seen me checking the time when he finally texted

Just got home

On my way, I replied

I threw on my coat, grabbed my book bag, and headed to Connor's apartment. It took me a few minutes to get there since his place was only a block away from the coffee shop.

“I need to fill my prescription” I held up the note Connor gave me as he swung open the door.

“Well, you've come to the right place!” He smiled as he shut the door behind me.

Connor was still in his work clothes. A white button down shirt tucked into gray slacks and a maroon tie. His blonde hair was slightly lifted and parted to the side in a way that resembled David Beckham's classic hairstyle.

I was surprised by how humbly he was living. His apartment was well kept, but small. It was a one bedroom, one bath, with an open concept living and dining space. I could tell he had only recently moved in from the lack of furniture.

As I looked around his apartment I felt Connor walk up behind me. His arms wrapped my waist while his lips began kissing my neck. I dropped my head back onto his shoulder when I felt his hands on my body

“Wait!” I lifted his hands off of me and turned to face him “I just want to be clear about what this is”

“This?” Connor sarcastically laughed “This is what ever you want it to be” He crooned in a low sexy voice. His hands reached up to grab my face and he kissed me again.

I pushed Connor off of me with both my hands “I'm serious, Connor!” I wanted verbal confirmation that we were both on the same page. I was hurt once by Joshua, and heart broken by Jonah, I didn't want another repeat of my past. And quiet frankly, I didn't have the time to invest in a new relationship. I just wanted a good, old fashioned, no strings attached, one night stand.

Connor rested his hands behind his head as he released a deep breath.“This is a one time deal”

I sighed with relief.

“I can't have you stick around and ruin my career when I'm at my peak”

I furrowed my brows and pushed Connor “Fuck you!”

“Fuck you!” He pushed me back.

We stood silently for a brief second before I took a step towards him “You're so hot when you're mad” Connor whispered as he took my shirt off. I began doing the same.

We were left with nothing when he picked me up and took me into his bedroom.

Half an hour had passed before we called quits.

Connor and I laid there on our backs, gasping for air. “I honestly didn't expect that from you” I admitted in between breaths. I rolled out of bed and began picking up my clothes.

Connor threw the bed sheets off of himself and pulled on his boxers before he walked past me “You weren't too bad, either” I felt my face burn red.

“You know where the door is” He yelled from the bathroom just before the shower turned on. Connor was so arrogant and rude, yet I was weirdly attracted to him.

I rolled my eyes as I shimmied into my jeans and pulled over my tank top. I couldn't stand to be there any longer so I grabbed my cardigan and coat and walked out of Connor's apartment.

I stood outside his door and put my things down so I could slip on the rest of my clothes. I heard a noise down the hall and looked over to see what is was. There were two girls who were walking out of their apartment. One was tall with dark hair and olive colored skin. The other was slightly shorter with brunette hair and subtle blonde highlights. They were both dressed as if they were on their way to a nice dinner.

I avoided eye contact as I buttoned up my cardigan. The hallway was roaring with their laughter and conversation. The brunette suddenly grew quiet as she walked past me. I could tell from my peripheral that she was staring at me as she walked by. I slightly turned my head towards them to see what was the matter.

“Casey?” The dark hair girl turned around to see that her friend was no longer beside her. Instead she was standing in front of me. “What's going on?” she questioned.

I wore my coat and picked up my purse and book bag off the floor.

“I know you” The girl who's name I'm assuming is Casey said as she accusingly wagged her finger at me.

“I'm sorry, I don't think we've met” Even though I knew we hadn't, the more I looked at her, the more I felt like her face looked familiar.

“Do you live here? Maybe I've seen you around” She asked trying to figure out where we may have crossed paths before.

“I don't, you might have me confused for someone else.” I tried shuffling past her to the elevator when Connor opened his door. He was naked with a towel wrapped around his waist.

“Oh, Lynn, I thought I heard your voice” He looked at the other girls, confused to see them, “You forget this” He slowly handed me my phone as his eyes made their way back to me.

“Lynn! That's it!” The brunette excitedly squealed. “I knew I recognized you from the pictures!” She clasped her hands together and pulled them over her mouth covering her smile.

“I'm sorry, who are you again?” I dropped my phone into my coat pocket and stared at her intently. Connor was equally as intrigued.

“I'm Casey” she smiled “Jonah's sister”

17 comments:

  1. just what I needed to calm my exam nerves down!

    Awesome post, but hate how rude Connor is, I wouldn't stand that at all, haha.I still really hope Jonah couples back :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the post. Hope there's more to Connor than the hot jerk we've seen so far! Can't wait!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, this just got super good! Connor is a real jerk, but hey, at least Lynn got some with a hot doctor ;) But this run-in with Casey is interesting! Now we can at least hear more about Jonah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Excited to hear more about Jonah but on a Wednesday!! You're killing me, how about a Friday post too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with the Friday post also !!!

      Delete
  5. PLEAAAASSE make a friday post!! This was SO good!!! AH!!
    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you are reading the Comments,, so please make a Friday post too... it will be awesome, that way we don't have to wait until Monday :).

    Great writing , Keep the Good Work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog all the way from Kenya. Please Friday post can't wait any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post... Connor is a jerk but he could change.. So glad you ran into Jonah's sister can't wait to hear more about him, hope he moves back SOON and I'm with everyone else FRIDAY POST TOOO!!!!! It's so hard to wait until Monday..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! Well Jonah left so she shouldn't feel guilty but this isn't going to help her at all!

    Www.minneapplegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not sure how to react to this! Lynn crept around to meet Jonah while on dinner date with Connor. And now Jonah's sister saw her coming out from Connor's apartment. Interesting!

    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a reader from the UK and I love your blog. This post was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a great post! I read all of them and got caught up in the blog in one day. GREAT writing!!!! Thanks for sharing and hey I'm with everyone else, I would LOVE a Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post!! I agree with Min - Jonah made the decision to move and it's not like they had an agreement not to see anyone etc. love the Connor storyline!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep checking back to see if we get an answer about a Friday post!! So hopeful I am ready to read the next post!! So excited it's hard to wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You all are amazing. Because I love you guys so much, I'll have a bonus post for this week. Expect it around 12pm(est) on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete